I recently purchased a Cricut Bright Pad and it really gave me the bug to do an embroidery project. The toughest thing about this was deciding what to do, never mind the fact that I have never really done a project from scratch. No directions, no colors, no guidance! I decided on Spongebob (I’ll admit, I watch a lot of cartoons). Yaya was so helpful right from the start 😐
I stood in the craft store for 30-45 minutes deciding on the right shade of yellow… and the right shade of blue for his eyes.
It took about a week of working on it in free moment I had. I’m happy with the way it turned out. Yellow things are my favorite.
This week the button aisle was full of amazing new finds. I picked up a lot of super cute stuff this weekend. Sooo adorable!! I just had to start with these… Simba, Timon, & Pumbaa.
Don’t ask what my favorite Disney film is ’cause I really don’t know. It’s hard to choose. I haven’t seen the Lion King in forever. I have probably seen Aladdin 1,00 times though. Anyway, my first project was this wire wrapped pendant.
I love the way the colors came together. I searched through my buttons for a looong time finding the perfect bits. I don’t use gold wire very often but I felt it was appropriate for this palette.
I can’t even go into how perfect this lapel pin is! It turned out exactly how I pictured it in my mind. And I’ll be honest, that doesn’t always happen. I can’t even bear to part with it. I’m pretty sure I’m going to keep it. I’ll be making one for the shop soon… promise 🙂
I really enjoy looking at the embroidery work of fellow creatives online and felt inspired to give stitching up some lettering. I found this kit on clearance for $5 and thought it would look great with a little modification… that means buttons will be involved!
I knew I was going to use completely different colors, and i knew some of my own die cut felt flowers would look great in place of the provided pieces in the kit.
It took me a long time to finish this. I primarily worked on it during my lunch break so it only got 10-15 minutes of my time per day.
I turned out just as well as I had hoped. The yellow frame was a perfect touch 🙂
We haven’t had kitchen curtains for at least 3 years. It was really hard to find something to go with the retro vibes of the room. After repainting the kitchen, green curtains would no longer do. I tried several times to find something perfect, but eventually gave up and decided I would make my own.
I found this Coca-Cola fabric on clearance with the maids and felt inspired (I am easily inspired by good prices).
The fabric was a bit overwhelming to sew even in this lightweight fabric. It’s good practice in stitching straight and even seams. I won’t reveal how well I managed to get them all to turn out the exactly the same (because I didn’t)!
They turned out just fine and fit suit the room better than anything I was ever able to find in a store or online.