Recently, I was contacted for a special custom order for a wedding. The theme, ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’. The color palette consisted of black, white, grey, and purple. I never realized these buttons even existed. How cool are they? They’re in the Disney line by Dress It Up button embellishments.
I started with boutonnieres for the groom and best man. Wire wrapped buttons and beads.
Next were the smaller bouquets of cut strips of double sided cardstock. Each strip of paper is punched by hand prior to shaping into flowers. I’ve never made these for a wedding before so it was an interesting experience tracking down paper in the appropriate colors.
The flowers were given a button center and arranged on floral wire stems.
The bridal bouquet was made with mulberry paper flowers. The bride requested Jack and Sally for the focal point in the center of the bouquet.
I love the look of everything, and most importantly the bride is happy.
I dont know why, but I was really intrigued by these 4X12 canvases. I dont even paint. Well, I haven’t painted in years.
I hadn’t used watercolors since I was in an art class in middle school but it seemed to be a much easier option than trying to squeeze acrylic paint out of the old bottles I had sitting around. Actually, I think I loaned my paints to my mom, so I didnt even have any (I may have some, I didnt even bother to look).
I found these pretty metallic paints at JoAnns. See how grungy textured and fancy looking my background is? *Brag*
My idea came from the sight of planner doll stamps on sale at Michaels. It turned out they actually weren’t on sale, they just left the sign up for a day too long. And then the cashier wouldn’t give me the discount!! So... This is an older stamp that I already had and if you watched my bookmark tutorial vid, you’ve seen me use it before. At the time I made this I was also working on my design project for Buttons Galore & More so I had this color palette of brown and green very much ingrained in my head.
I stamped the image on cardstock and glued it to the canvas. I used a scrap piece of lacy ribbon, embroidery thread, buttons and beads to embellish.
I got a late start to making my cards this year so I needed something quick and easy. I decided on this cute Lawn Fawn stamp and die set from Simon Says Stamp.
I spent a portion of 2 lunch breaks coloring these in…
Believe it or not, this is my first time using dies to cut paper. I purchased my Big Shot due to my interest in cutting felt. The dies don’t stay in place as easily as they do on paper so this was like a little adventure.
I cut about 100 or so and used 3 to 4 on each card.
Since it took so much time to color and cut these out and like I said– I really got a late start, I just went with washi tape to dress the cards up to get them out the door!