While walking through the craft store I noticed they were selling pre-cut banners and decided “I can make those!” I found this set of Sizzix dies and it was really all I needed to get started.
Although it may look like burlap, I went with a durable outdoor upholstery fabric to make the banner. I wanted something that wouldn’t fray too easily. I really didn’t want to have to break out the sewing machine for this project. I will admit it was not the easiest to cut with the dies and I had to go over most of them with a pair of scissors after attempting to cut them with the machine.
For the first time ever, I put my cropadile to use in the way it was intended. For the past 10 years it has only ever been used it as a hole punch! I bought a small pack of eyelets and spent about 10 minutes trying to figure out how to apply them to the fabric properly lol. I cut 3 sizes for the banner flags but went with the middle size for this project. My alphabet stitching dies from papertreyink worked great for this. I think the layered felt and the texture given to the letters by stitching them adds a special touch.
I really like the way this turned out. As my last craft of 2016, I hope to make more in the coming year.